WSU Extension has established criteria for manuscripts submitted for publishing. The correct format of the publication is crucial to getting published in a timely manner. Use the required template (Word Doc) for correct formatting.
Below are some basic submission guidelines for your manuscript. More detailed information can be found in the Style Guide. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in a request for revision in the pre-review stage before a manuscript goes to peer review.
Pre-Review of Manuscripts
Before being accepted for peer review, a manuscript must be complete and free of basic defects. Extension editors will conduct pre‐reviews of incoming manuscripts uploaded to FastTrack. This review occurs before the peer review.
- Sources are cited where necessary.
- No significant overlap with existing publications.
- Follows Author Guidelines.
- Uses the required template (Word Doc).
- Passing this pre-review does not predict or guarantee successful peer review or subsequent publication for any manuscript.
- Editors will not review numerical data in spreadsheets: accuracy of spreadsheets is the responsibility of the author(s).
Submission of Manuscripts
Submit text in the required Microsoft Word file template (Word Doc). Refer to the Style Guide for specifics on reference citations, requirements for graphics and images, figure and table captions, and in-text mentions.